Saturday, September 21, 2013

COPY OF A 1993'S OIL ON CANVAS (STOLEN) AND A FANCY BIKER


The 1st drawing is a copy I made recently of a canvas I painted in 1993, taken from a Robert Stock ad where the main model, sitting in the back of a truck, was hot. He was of course all dressed in cowboy-fashion clothes (without a hat) but I wanted to do him naked to remark his iconic condition. I remember many people enjoyed the original (the portrait and the body proportion was more realistic) and the blue-sky-to-red-sky switch was a success. While having some family problems, I decided to move my canvas and some stuff to a friend's workshop who was a painter too. It was evrything okay until one friend of him or nobody knows, came and stole my belongings, including my canvas. There was the time I was thinking that art was impossible to trust to even a close friend. The 2nd Drawing is one of a new series of drawings I started to work on. I added the sepia effect by computer, so the original is in b/w pencil.

No comments: